The Church in the Philippines constantly needs to send Priests to Rome for further studies. When they return home after two to four years, depending on their specialization, they will take charge of seminaries and other ministries in their Dioceses. We are thus involved with training trainors for the Philippine Church.
From this simple website, you may assist our Filipino Priests sent by our Bishops to pursue further studies in the best Catholic universities in Rome, while residing and undergoing formation at the Pontificio Collegio Filippino (Pontifical Filipino College) — close to the Holy Father physically, spiritually and doctrinally.
Your donations, which are tax deductible in the US, will assure our Seminaries in the Philippines of a steady supply of much-needed professors and formators trained in Rome. You will help provide Priest specialists for the different Church ministries back home after their studies. (Click here for the IRS determination letter of FC as a 501c3 non-profit organization.)
Volunteer an hour… without leaving your place!
Through a monthly recurring donation of at least an hour of your salary, you volunteer and help in this mission. Wherever you live and work (or retire, for that matter), you volunteer hours and hours for the Church back home in the Philippines.
SUGGESTED WAYS OF HELPING:
- For Individuals and Religious Organizations
- help in the Collegio‘s operations, renovations, programs, etc.
- your help will benefit the whole Church in the Philippines
- For Devotional or Civic Associations of a Philippine Region:
- raise scholarship funds for priests coming from your home dioceses
- to cover annual board and lodging ($9,000), tuition fees ($5,000), health insurance ($200), residence permit ($200), bus pass ($300), books and pocket money – amounts that are really low compared with American standards
LITTLE BUT CONSTANT WAYS TO HELP:
- Amazon shoppers: log on to Smile.amazon.com, and indicate “Friends of the Collegio” as charitable organization of your choice. (AmazonSmile Foundation will donate to us 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products.)
- Facebook Fundraising: create a normal post, then “Support Nonprofit” button below, and look for “Friends of the Collegio” as your non-profit.
- Ask friends to donate to Friends of the Collegio, in lieu of gifts: on your birthday, anniversary, Christmas, New Year, Chinese New Year, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, Graduation, some other special occasion, or when you simply meet for dinner.
Visit our Facebook Page.
Friends of the Collegio
1819 Ridgeview Ct.
Dupont, WA 98327 USA
THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!
(Copyright 2015 to present, by Friends of the Collegio.)