A. Dioceses may use this portal to raise scholarship funds for Priests they send to Collegio Filippino.
1) For each Priest they send, the Diocese should ideally contact at least 15 friends in the US willing to raise $100 a month (either from their own pockets, or for example, by groups of 5 persons giving $20 each a month). Friends in the Philippines may give P5,000 a month, and those in Europe, €100 a month.
2) Both Priest and lay friends, as well as religious and civic groups, may help in this endeavor. You may download the Scholarship Sheet below to facilitate this, and which you may give out, for example, to some parishes, or professionals in the Philippines, US and Europe, etc., for a total of 15 sheets.
3) In this manner, around $1,500 would be collected each month, or $18,000 a year, enough for one Priest’s stay at the Collegio.
B. How will the funds be applied? Funds raised through this portal will be converted into Euros and used for student Priests in the following order (approximate in Euros, not Dollars):
1) €7,000 => annual Collegio board and lodging (note: as a concession, the first year’s board and lodging may be paid towards the end of studies, that is, after paying the final year’s item no.6)
2) €150 => annual Medical Insurance (January 1 to December 31)
3) €3,500 => summer Italian classes (newcomers only)
4) €3,000 => annual University tuition (actual amount will be applied)
5) €240 => annual bus pass
6) €1,000 => annual pocket money, books, etc.
7) Note that if the Diocese has two or more Priests at the Collegio, the above order would still be applied, simultaneously: that is, starting with the board and lodging of the two or more Priests, then their Medical Insurance, and so on.
C. Requirements, Scope and Limitations:
1) Any other scholarship fund granted to the Priest (whether from agencies or individuals not passing through this portal) will be used first for the items above, while collections from this portal will be used to cover the amounts lacking. After fully covering all the items listed above, additional collections will be applied to the Diocese’s next Priest.
2) Priests should be within the usual time frame for studies, unless some medical reason has caused the delay: (a) Licentiate 2-4 years, depending on the course, and (b) Doctorate at most 4 years. Otherwise, collected funds will be applied to the Diocese’s next Priest.
3) On June 30 of each year, Priest beneficiaries will write a formal letter of gratitude (signed, scanned and emailed, not printed) to Friends of the Collegio, with a brief overview of their stay at the Collegio as a residence for priestly ongoing formation, and an update as to their academic performance (including grades), status and plans.
4) Funds donated to a Diocese but not used for more than 5 years will be transferred to the Collegio‘s General Scholarship Fund, and can no longer be claimed by the Diocese. Donors should be aware of this, and should donate with this intention as well. Since a Philippine province may have more than one Diocese, and a Diocese may cover more than one province, Donors kindly make sure that you indicate the correct Diocese below (asking your Bishop or Priests if needed).
5) In case of questions, the Rector of the Pontificio CollegioFilippino, after hearing the other Collegio Priest Administrators, will decide on the matter, and his decision shall be deemed final.
6) Using this portal means that the Dioceses and Donors agree to everything stated on this page.
Those who volunteer to help the Diocese
coordinate friends may print
the Scholarship Sheet.